Each teacher-training program includes independent study and workshops on Montessori concepts in developmental psychology, teaching methodology, classroom management, and curriculum preparation.
- The Early Childhood Certification program includes the development and use of materials for instruction in practical life, language, reading, sensorial foundations for math, history, art, music, art, geography, and science.
- The Elementary Certification program prepares teachers to respond to the broad range of interests of children during this age, by inter-relating subject areas in biology, geography, history, math, science, cultural arts, and music.
In each training program, under the supervision of the course instructor, students will also observe and practice teaching at an approved Montessori school.
How To Receive Certification
Early Childhood and Elementary Certifications are earned by successful completion of full-year programs, which include independent study, academic workshops, and a teaching practicum. After completing the Elementary Certification (ages 6-9), Elementary Certification (ages 9-12) can be earned in an intensive 3-week academic workshop followed by a comprehensive exam that recaps ages 6-12 materials and philosophy.
- Prerequisite certifications or equivalent course work
- Successful completion of all course work
- Minimum completion time is 12 months, however, it may take up to 36 months to complet
Individual state requirements vary with regard to teacher credentials and employment.
How Do I Enroll?
MTTI offers coursework for the three programs throughout the year. Students will be asked to complete an application form and participate in an admissions interview before beginning the program. Tuition will be paid in stages throughout the training period.
For More Information
To receive additional information on our Montessori teacher preparation and certification program or on-site training for individual schools or professional associations, please contact:
Director of Training, Montessori Teacher Training Institute
Clemson Montessori School, Inc.
207 Pendleton Rd.
Clemson, SC 29631
Phone: (864) 654-4814
Fax: (864) 654-1139
MTTI of South Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, handicap, native origin, race, religion or sex in its educational program, services, activities or employment practices.
"Helping Children Develop to Their Fullest Potential"